And the winner is…
Day two of Euro CanTech concluded with the awards and gala dinner, which saw over 100 people from across the can making sector in Europe attending.
If you missed the awards, here are the full details of the winners:
- Aerosol- Ball Aerocan Europe and the Schwarzkopf Henkel Got 2 b
- Beverage two-piece- Rexam and the Salitos can
- Decorative speciality- Crown’s Inspirational Tin
- Ends/Caps/Closures- Closure Logic’s Star Log
- Food three-piece- Sartan Ambalaj and the Coffee Can Kakao
- Beverage two-piece decorative- Rexam and the Big Shock Original
- Innovation- Ball Packaging Europe- Strawster
The Supreme Cup Award was particularly close this year, but the overall consensus from our judges was that Ball’s Strawster was the deserving winner. The three-piece plastic device centred inside the can was awarded due to its outstanding innovation.
The highlight for me yesterday was hosting the Candid Forum. The panel included Ball’s Colin Gillis, Hindustan Tin Works’ Atit Bhatia, Apeal’s Alexander Mohr and Can-Pack Morocco’s Tarik Boukhris. It was certainly an engaging debate with topics discussed including the Ball/Rexam takeover, BPA and innovation within the industry. The video will shortly be uploaded online, so keep an eye on www.cantechonline.com.
I’ll be back tomorrow with a review of day three.
Alex Fordham, editor